Recently, Sounds True brought together top psychologists, spiritual teachers, neuroscience experts, bodyworkers, authors, and more to have a conversation on one of the most pervasive and crucial issues of our times with …
Chances are you’ve been impacted by trauma—whether from early childhood experiences, a car accident, systemic inequality, or … a global pandemic.
And the impacts of trauma are as widespread as its many causes—including sleeping difficulties, panic attacks, chronic pain, flashbacks, relationship issues, shame, and ongoing grief, to name some of the most common ones.
My presentation will appear in the summit on Thursday, August 20th. My talk entitled Resilience Strategies for Trauma Recovery: A Strength-Based Approach to Healing will guide you through a process of embracing your emotions and somatic experience to find the inherent wisdom within you — so that you can find connect to your intrinsic healing capacities.
If you identify with any of the following, this summit is sure to help …
HEALERS & HELPING PROFESSIONALS
For psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, social workers, therapists, nurses, healers, bodyworkers, massage therapists, and more, the Trauma Skills Summit [will support you to help your clients (or patients) heal from all types of trauma—PTSD, developmental trauma, complex trauma, and more. You’ll be empowered with cutting-edge research and up-to-date skills to help them reclaim feelings of safety, purpose, and connection. You may also find personal benefit from one of the many speakers on our highly curated list of presenters.
PEOPLE STRUGGLING WITH UNRESOLVED TRAUMA
Unresolved trauma can create an invisible prison that limits our vision for what’s possible in life. We put up walls to protect ourselves from further harm, yet these walls often perpetuate our struggles. In this summit, you’ll explore many different pathways back to wholeness, meaning, and connection. You’ll learn accessible practices that you can begin doing on your own right away, and discover new tools to explore with supportive practitioners. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll learn that it is possible to live and love life once again.
LEADERS & FIRST RESPONDERS IN CHALLENGING TIMES
From emergency personnel responding to COVID-19, to community leaders working for racial equality, to the millions of others doing their part each day, more and more people are showing up to do important work in the face of trauma. The Trauma Skills Summit will give you tools, skills, and practices so you can take care of yourself and your community in the midst of challenging times.
You’ll hear from luminaries such as Dr. Daniel J. Siegel, Ruth King, Dr. Peter Levine, Justin Michael Williams, Thomas Hübl, and others as they explore topics such as:
- Why do we find that people with trauma histories usually have some level of addiction, and how can we break the cycle?
- What is internalized oppression, and how can meditation help us break through our own limitations?
- How does our view of reality inform our healing from trauma, and how can quantum law open us to our greatest potential?
- How can we come together to heal our collective traumas—both the crises we currently face and the traumas inherited from generations past?
About Dr. Arielle Schwartz
Dr. Arielle Schwartz is a licensed clinical psychologist, wife, and mother in Boulder, CO. She offers trainings for therapists, maintains a private practice, and has passions for the outdoors, yoga, and writing. She is the developer of Resilience-Informed Therapy which applies research on trauma recovery to form a strength-based, trauma treatment model that includes Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), somatic (body-centered) psychology and time-tested relational psychotherapy. Like Dr. Arielle Schwartz on Facebook,follow her on Linkedin and sign up for email updates to stay up to date with all her posts. Dr. Schwartz is the author of four books:
- The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control and Becoming Whole (Althea press, 2016)
- EMDR Therapy and Somatic Psychology: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment in Trauma Treatment (Norton, 2018).
- The Post-Traumatic Growth Guidebook: Practical Mind-Body Tools to Heal Trauma, Foster Resilience, and Awaken your Potential (Pesi Publications, 2020)
- A Practical Guide to Complex PTSD: Compassionate Strategies for Childhood Trauma (Rockridge Press, 2020)