A little about me:
I am a licensed clinical psychologist, author, wife, and mother in Boulder, CO. I offer trainings for therapists, maintain a private practice, where I provide psychotherapy, consultation, and supervision. I am the developer of Resilience-Informed Therapy which applies research on trauma recovery to form a strength-based, trauma treatment model that includes Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), somatic (body-centered) psychology, mindfulness-based therapies, and time-tested relational psychotherapy. I have been teaching therapeutic yoga since 2008 with an emphasis on applied polyvagal theory. I have a passion for hiking in nature combined with my love of photography. I believe that that the journey of trauma recovery is an awakening of the spiritual heart.
I am the author of six books:
- The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control and Becoming Whole (Althea press, 2016)
- EMDR Therapy and Somatic Psychology: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment in Trauma Treatment (Norton, 2018).
- The Post-Traumatic Growth Guidebook: Practical Mind-Body Tools to Heal Trauma, Foster Resilience, and Awaken your Potential (Pesi Publications, 2020)
- A Practical Guide to Complex PTSD: Compassionate Strategies for Childhood Trauma (Rockridge Press, 2020)
- The Complex PTSD Treatment Manual: An Integrative Mind-Body Approach to Trauma Recovery (Pesi Publications, 2021)
- Trauma Recovery: A Mind-Body Approach to Becoming Whole (Sounds True, 2021)
- Therapeutic Yoga for Trauma: Applying the Principles of Polyvagal Theory for Self-Discovery, Embodied Healing, and Meaningful Change (Pesi Publications, 2022)
About my practice
My practice focuses on you as a whole person and provides resilience-informed treatment that focuses on and builds upon your strengths. My therapeutic approach will help you:
- Recover from traumatic events
- Find relief from depression or anxiety
- Develop and keep meaningful, nurturing relationships
- Help your children be more resilient and cope with the challenges facing today’s youth
- Break free from the destructive habits that are derailing your life
My Therapeutic Approaches
I experience therapy to be more than a profession…it is an interpersonal art form that allows me to bring my self into an exchange with another human being. There is no one-size-fits-all therapy; therefore, I work with you to determine your goals of treatment and we develop a treatment plan to meet your needs. While the foundation for all of my work is a compassionate presence, therapeutic interventions we might work with include:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing-EMDR Therapy
- Body-Centered and Somatic Therapies
- Therapeutic Yoga interventions
I can be reached at Info@DrArielleSchwartz.com
Dr. Schwartz is a licensed clinical psychologist, offering supervision for clinicians seeking Colorado state licensure. In addition, I am an EMDRIA approved consultant offering EMDR consultation for clinicians seeking EMDRIA certification. If you are a therapist I would love to support you to build a successful, thriving private practice.
Trainings and Presentations
I provide intellectually stimulating and heart-centered trainings and presentations for the general public and for the therapeutic community throughout Colorado on topics of Resilience, Healing from Trauma, EMDR, and Somatic Psychology. Learn more about upcoming offerings.
- 2008 – Fielding Graduate University, Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
- 1999 – Naropa University, MA Somatic Psychology
- 1994 – Oberlin College, BA Psychology